2013 GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS AND GUIDELINES
The Genevieve and Ward Orsinger Foundation seeks to improve people's lives by supporting Bexar County organizations and institutions that foster lifelong learning and self-reliance, use the fine arts to enhance quality of life, and support healthy lifestyles. For the upcoming year, initiatives that would be of particular interest to the Foundation include:
- Programs related to early childhood that emphasize health and wellness, the fine arts, outdoor activities and literacy.
- Programs for elderly persons that use the fine arts to enhance quality of life and/or support health and wellness.
- Programs for adults that support self-sufficiency and/or enhance their capacity to care for their families.
- Community service learning projects planned and operated by youth.
- Grant requests will be considered from the following Central Texas counties (Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall and Travis) for programs delivered to children ages 0 to 5 years old that utilize fine arts in the curriculum.
Cross-cutting initiatives that offer multi-generational programming or address multiple interest areas are eligible and encouraged.
Preference will be given to programs that have funding from other sources and are seeking support for enrichment of existing programs or projects and general operating support. Collaboration with other organizations is also very important to the Foundation. The Genevieve and Ward Orsinger Foundation will only accept one request per organization per year.
The Foundation does not provide grants to individuals or for scholarships, debt reduction, start-up, capital campaigns, endowments, fundraising events or sponsorships. All grant recipients must be 501(c)(3) organizations or public non-profits.
As in prior years, the Genevieve and Ward Orsinger Foundation requires a Letter of Intent (LOI) from interested applicants. Only grant requests up to $20,000 will be considered. The LOI must be filed electronically from this website between September 4 and October 2, 2012. On or before December 1, 2012 organizations will be advised of selection to submit a grant application. Such applications are due February 1, 2013. Grant awards will be decided not later than March 31, 2013. In 2013, the Genevieve and Ward Orsinger Foundation will conduct only ONE Grant Cycle.
Invitation for Application Sent by
Grants Awarded by
October 2, 2012
December 1, 2012
February 1, 2013
March 31, 2013
Note: INCOMPLETE LOI's/APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR FUNDING. Be sure to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link for specifics.
Starting September 4, 2012 you may click here to begin the process.
THE GENEVIEVE AND WARD ORSINGER FOUNDATION
Attn: Linda McDavitt, President/CEO
P. O. Box 90987
San Antonio, Texas 78209
(210) 590-0535 or (210) 378-6614